Candidacy FSFE Fellowship Representative

Florian Snow floriansnow at fsfe.org
Mon Apr 18 17:25:28 UTC 2016

Hi Joe,

I understand that you are frustrated, but you are behaving like a troll,
so please also understand people's reactions.  You have been offered
help on IRC many times, but you did not want to listen and you refused
to even give an error message or a clear description of which steps you
took to sign up.

Your messages _did_ go through to the list and Max told you so on
Saturday.  You have still received polite responses here, motivating you
to register as a candidate next year and your responses are often a
mixture of conspiracy theories and completely unrelated issues.

It is regrettable that developers kill themselves, but that has nothing
to do whatsoever with the elections for a Fellowship representative.
The person in that position has no influence on the state of mind of
developers.  The FSFE is mainly in the business of educating the public
about Free Software.  And one of the goals of Free Software is also to
facilitate forks so people can compete on a level playing field.  You
criticize forks so I don't know what to say about that.

The responses about the constitution are not legal mumbo-jumbo.  You
make more and more outrageous statements here.  I (and I think everyone
here) appreciate your enthusiasm and energy, but you're overdoing it
here.  Maybe you can channel that enthusiam towards something else for
now and become a candidate next year?

Happy hacking!
Florian