Candidacy FSFE Fellowship Representative

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Mon Apr 18 12:14:51 UTC 2016

On Saturday 16. April 2016 13.15.10 Joe Awni wrote:

> Don't you think it anomalous to have an election with only one candidate?

Maybe it is, although it has happened before. Sorry if you mentioned that in
your historical review, but I don't have time to read it properly at the
moment!

As for this election (and for many if not most elections), I thought there was
a deadline for declaring a candidacy, and given that the voting has been
opened, that deadline will have been quite some time ago.

> Finally, It has come to my attention by means of blocked messages and
> delayed communications that those running the election would prevent you
> from voting for me (even as a write-in candidate) out of some misguided
> sense that they are "helping to make sure the people elected into the
> GA..."

No, I imagine that the list has some kind of new sender moderation and you've
just ended up in a queue.

Honestly, I have my reservations about the democratic standards in most
organisations, and the FSFE Fellowship is no exception in that regard, but
there needs to be a constructive discussion about such things instead of
finger-pointing and opaque references to past occurrences that mean nothing to
the casual observer.

Paul