Symfony's views on the GPL

Hugo Roy hugo at fsfe.org
Sat Sep 26 10:20:16 UTC 2015

↪ 2015-09-25 Fri 15:55, Sam Liddicott <sam at liddicott.com>:
> On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 3:06 PM, Hugo Roy <hugo at fsfe.org> wrote:
> > More precisely for software, the rights to reproduce, to adapt as well
> > as the right to distribute forms of the software are restricted
> > activities (see EU directive 91/250, article 4).
>
> http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/ALL/?uri=CELEX:32009L0024
>

> Interesting. I'm not personally subject to EU directives.

This is more or less the same in almost all countries. I have given
the EU directives examples because they are the most probably
applicable to you in Europe.

> I'm now trying to find out if any members states have implemented it yet.

This is European Union law since 1991. This has been implemented
already for a long time. (The 2009 directive is just a
re-codification, it does not change substantial legislation).

--
Hugo Roy – Free Software Foundation Europe https://fsfe.org/about/roy

Please use cryptography for email: see https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/en/
Merci d’utiliser la cryptographie pour l’email : voir https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/fr/