Copyrighted statues in Helsinki?

Vitaly Repin vitaly_repin at fsfe.org
Sat Sep 5 22:27:54 UTC 2015

Hello,

I have strange problem with Wikipedia:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Deletion_requests/File:Monument_to_Tapio_Rautavaara_in_%C3%85ggelby_%28Oulunkyl%C3%A4%29.jpg#File:Monument_to_Tapio_Rautavaara_in_.C3.85ggelby_.28Oulunkyl.C3.A4.29.jpg

I have made a photo shot of the statue installed in the public place
in Helsinki, Finland and uploaded it to Wikipedia. But I was told that
this statue is copyrighted (?) and there was a link to the list of
more copyrighted objects:
https://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luettelo_Helsingin_patsaista_ja_muistomerkeist%C3%A4

Is it a mistake or are the pieces of arts installed in Helsinki really
copyrighted and it's not legal to make their photos and share them?
Sounds really weird for me.

I really want to read more about the case in Swedish or English.

Thanks in advance!
--
WBR & WBW, Vitaly