HP's Martin Fink arguing for copyleft licenses

Nico Rikken nico.rikken at fsfe.org
Fri Oct 30 10:57:56 UTC 2015

Good link Matthias!

Great presentation, even when taking the pragmatic view. Apart from the
community-statement, I'd like to highlight his statement that copyleft
stimulates collaboration, whereas non-copyleft projects require
committees and other bureaucratic organization-parts to avoid partners
splitting off and doing their own thing, not contributing back as a
result.

Quick URL to the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxIEDNyZOkA
Conclusions start around 24mins in.

I'm preparing a presentation for the Dutch T-Dose conference which
includes this topic as well. Glad other people are noticing the same
symptoms. http://www.t-dose.org/2015/talks/open-source-has-won-now-what

Regards,
Nico (NL)