PDFcreator

Max Mehl max.mehl at fsfe.org
Thu Oct 22 18:11:22 UTC 2015

# Laura Arjona Reina [22.10.2015 @ 14:36]:
> El 20/10/15 a las 09:39, Matthias Kirschner escribió:
>> * Michael Kesper <mkesper at schokokeks.org> [2015-10-19 17:49:07 +0200]:
>>> About "print to pdf": Most people I know use PDFCreator for that. Just
>>> be sure not to install any malware with it. "I LOVE Windows"â„¢.
>>
>> I recently heard PDFCreator's new versions are meanwhile non-free. Has
>> anyone checked? And does anyone know why this change happened?
>
> If/when I find something better I will report to this list.

I noted down "RedMon" and "CC Free PDF" as Free Software alternatives
(links below). Unfortunately my virtual machines running a Windows OS
are broken. Maybe someone else can test both applications and report if
they are something we can recommend.

http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/redmon/
http://www.cogniview.com/cc-free-pdf-converter

Best,