Open Knowledge Policies: Science in EU

Erik Albers eal at fsfe.org
Thu Oct 15 09:29:34 UTC 2015

Hi Andrés,

thanks for bringing this up.

On 15.10.2015 00:54, Andrés Muñiz Piniella wrote:
> First I would like to congratulate FSFE as they are mentioned as a group to consult with in the document regarding Climate Change Guidelines for open knowledge [1] with what regards software in science.
>
> Next week there is a symposium that will be held in Viena registration seems to be still open [2] to discuss policies on open knowledge. It seems to be open for anybody to attend, so if in Vienna next week maybe it is interesting.

I am invited to give an input talk on the panel "re-use and redistribution"
about the technical requirements for digital open knowledge, basically about
the need of using real Free Software and Open Standards, the ways to got,
roads to avoid.

If anyone here on-list likes to "join" me or meet me, drop me a note off-list
or come to the symposium and join the discussion.

> Sadly I will not be attending but was asked to review the documents found in [1] to see if there was anything I could input. A quick word search for software and open document format shows some promising results, even the mention of software freedom (not gratis or open source). But maybe I am being naïve. I will have a deeper look over the weekend. If any of you is willing to have a look and feedback I would appreciate!

will do so next week in preparation of my talk. Willing to share and happy if
you do likewise.

> The interesting thing seems that the JPI for climate change starts this open knowledge guidelines and it is later adapted to other joint program initiatives (JPI) such as Oceans or Water.

can you point to these examples, please?

Best regards,
   Erik

--
No one shall ever be forced to use non-free software
Erik Albers | FSFE | https://fsfe.org/about/albers