Windows download links from pdfreaders.org

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Tue Oct 13 06:53:18 UTC 2015

Hi.  I point to pdfreaders.org to friends who uses Windows.  One problem
that has happened more than once is that the first reader that mentions
Windows-support, Evince, had their last release for Windows around 5
years ago.  The situation for Okular appears to be similar.  I believe
this is counter-productive: Windows users will try Evince, will fail to
get it to work because the release is too old and not supported anymore,
and will go away.  When I point them directly towards SumatraPDF they
are happy (until they want the "Print-To-PDF" feature).  Would you
consider dropping the "Windows" links for PDF readers that doesn't have
supported Windows downloads?  I think this would be an overall
improvement to the site.

Thanks,
/Simon