new subscriber intro

Guido Arnold guido at fsfe.org
Sat Oct 10 10:52:44 UTC 2015

Hello Paul,

On Fri, Oct 09, 2015 at 07:54:33PM +0100, Paul Sutton wrote:

> I am Paul,  I decided to join the list so I could discuss advocacy and
> related topics to Free software.

Welcome!

> I work in a school so am in a good position or will be in a better
> position soon to try and promote software freedom in schools, as that
> does also tie in with the curriculum,  perhaps using software legally,
> free software is an alternative to buying software or most certainly
> pirating software of any kind.

Yes, that's also one aspect we have on our education flyer [1].  We
are planning to create an updated version in a better design [2].

If you or anyone has some input for that, please let us know!

All the best!

Guido

[1] http://fsfe.org/activities/education/leaflet-edu-reasons-general.en.G.pdf
[2] https://blogs.fsfe.org/guido/2015/10/new-education-leaflet-planned/

--
Guido Arnold                       Free Software Foundation Europe
http://blogs.fsfe.org/guido    []           Edu team & German team