Re: Denmark’s Aarhus insists on open IT standards

Carsten Agger agger at modspil.dk
Mon Nov 30 12:01:03 UTC 2015

Den 28-11-2015 kl. 14:03 skrev Erik Albers:
> Good news:
>
> 	Aarhus, Denmark’s second largest city, is requiring the use of open
> 	IT standards for all of its future IT projects. This way, the city
> 	aims to rid itself of IT vendor lock-in. Aarhus is currently ”fenced
> 	in by contracts, proprietary software and proprietary standards”,
> 	says Camilla Tække, leading the change management project for the
> 	city. “This is a change in culture, not just as a technical one.”
>
> https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/community/osor/news/denmark%E2%80%99s-aarhus-insists-open-it-standards

Camilla Tække was, as the municipality's "Open Source" project manager,
also heavily involved in helping out with the LibreOffice conference in
September.

In this picture, she can be seen with Sophie Gaultier and Florian
Effenberger from The Document Foundation, among others:

http://baobaxia.modspil.dk/media/mocambos/hyndla/imagem/15/09/27/sem-titulo-35f1c.jpg

The municipality is also reaching out to the community - it co-organized
a Mini Maker Faire with the local hacker space and is reaching out to
the Ubuntu community in order to organize workshops in LibreOffice and
Gimp, etc., for the audience at the main library.

Seems like a ball has started rolling here, there's still no telling
where it will end but I'm hoping the best.