Compulsory routers

Giel van Schijndel giel at fsfe.org
Fri Nov 27 13:55:19 UTC 2015

On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 10:09:35 +0100, Nico Rikken wrote:
> Not sure about other Dutch ISP's. I assume Ziggo (previously UPC, owned
> by Liberty Global [doublespeak ;) ] will be difficult, if only
> practically as a TV-cable modem is needed.

My parents used to have UPC (now Ziggo). They used to have a cable
modem. That got changed (a year or something ago) to a
modem/router/access-point combo that's remote managed by default. In
order to keep their networking setup working I had to disable the router
and access-point bits. As for the remote-management: at the time I
didn't succeed at disabling that, though I cannot remember what the
reason for that was.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,
With kind regards,