Where to find study material: case studies on free software compliance

Cezary Drak cezary.drak at ii.uj.edu.pl
Sun May 10 10:37:43 UTC 2015

Hello,

First of all it is very interesting topic. As I don't have much
knowledge in this field I can only answer questions you asked:
> -The license texts themselves (Where, What, Which) and the ‘spirit
> of the license‘ (Where, What, Which) are worth studying.

I think the best starting point here is FSF's License List[1]. One
have to know what license is about and if it can be considered as free
license to state if "case abc is compliant to free license xyz". And
FSF's List is very good summary on this topic with links to most
licenses.

Regards,
Cezary

[1] https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html

On 05/10/2015 11:36 AM, Tom Blecher wrote:

> -------- Beginning of forwarded message  -------- 09.05.2015,
> 18:36, "Tom Blecher" <blecher.tom201645 at yandex.com>:
>
> Hi there, first the question: How could one check/prove/study if
> case abc is compliant to free license xyz? Or:Is there any material
> posed for self study such things, e.g. in order to prepare for such
> discussions? I mean as in any other legal areas? “Rules-of-thumb
> for laypersons” or some “schematic checklist as usually provided
> for any-laws’-students” that is I searched for… Or: how can one
> start becoming legal adviser of fsf?
>
> background of it: This problem is a layer of a bundle problem
> discussed previously in the chat and then it was said to ask it
> here on the list:
> https://softwareforhartz4entertainer.wordpress.com/2015/05/08/trap-sys
tem-of-free-softwares-freedom-neutralization/#__RefHeading__5762_5396439
62

Here you can see the status quo of my investigations.