Does "Common Cartridge" qualify as "open standard"?

Guido Arnold guido at fsfe.org
Sat Jun 20 10:26:33 UTC 2015

Hello,

I saw "Common Cartridge" [1] mentioned a few times in context of Open
Educational Resources (OER). I was wondering if anybody here already
knows more about it and could tell me if this would be a format
acceptable for us Free Software advocates [2].

This would save me a lot of time researching the details myself as the
issue seems quite complex for someone not familiar with file formats.

Thanks in advance!

Guido

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMS_Global#Common_Cartridge
[2] http://fsfe.org/activities/os/def.en.html

--
Guido Arnold                       Free Software Foundation Europe
http://blogs.fsfe.org/guido    []           Edu team & German team