Good example: Chromium blob found by Debian (via LWN)

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sat Jun 20 09:06:26 UTC 2015

On Fri, 19 Jun 2015 18:23, paul at fsfe.org said:

> these days you are also likely to expose yourself to more corporate
> spying than the end user who runs tested software. (generally spoken,

A test won't reveal such backdoors.  It is a coincidence that this case
was noticed and here there no reason to assume that upstream (Chromium)
did it deliberately.

A source code review of all changes in context is required to find them.
I doubt that this happens for most software.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner