Comments-On-Reda-Report: tackling ISO circumvention btw?

Marius Jammes mjammes at fsfe.org
Tue Jul 14 07:35:54 UTC 2015

Dear Tom,

On 10/07/15 01:06, Tom Blecher wrote:
> -So even if ones (mine) picture of the legislation system of the EU is not that detailed, one understands that
> they are updating the copy-right law once again on a original request of MEP Julia Reda, who is supposed to be from our own people, to say from german pirates-party. Right?

The European Commission plans indeed to reform the copyright directive
of 2001 [1] as part of the Digital Single Market strategy [2]. If I'm
correct, that's the Commission which asked for the opinion of the
European Parliament and made Reda responsible of the report.

> Question: Where is this report to be read? In the article they speak of each point of it but I can reach the text itself. Is that intended somehow, I ask. ?

You can find the different versions of the report (draft presented by
Reda, text as voted by the Committee and final version) on the European
Parliament's website [3]. The final vote in plenary session took place
on last July 9th.

Best,

--
Marius Jammes - Intern
Schönhauser Allee 6/7, 10119 Berlin, t +49-30-27595290

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_Directive
[2] http://ec.europa.eu/priorities/digital-single-market/index_en.htm
[3]
http://www.europarl.europa.eu/oeil/popups/ficheprocedure.do?lang=en&reference=2014/2256%28INI%29#documentGateway