New LibreOffice for Android app

Sam Tuke contact at samtuke.com
Tue Feb 10 10:28:00 UTC 2015

Hi Antonello,

Yes the new app is an official version of LibreOffice for Android. Other
differences:

* OO Reader currently has more features
* OO Reader includes in-app advertising in the Play Store version
* LO Viewer uses LibreOffice, not OpenOffice code
* LO Viewer has ~weekly releases
* LO Viewer will become a full editor in time

I know more about LO Viewer than OO Reader, and may have missed other
important differences (recommend you check the documentation of the latter).

Currently work is in progress to add editing features to LO Viewer as a
result of The Document Foundation contracting companies to develop those
features.

Both apps are in the F-Droid app store.

Best,

Sam.

On 10 February 2015 08:22:23 CET, "Antonello Lobianco (not reply)"