education flyer suggestions

Cezary Drak cezary.drak at ii.uj.edu.pl
Sat Dec 12 14:00:31 UTC 2015

On 12/08/2015 11:08 PM, Guido Arnold wrote:
> Thank you very much for your comments! I just added them to the
> wiki so we won't be forgotten.
>

>>> What do we want people to do, after they read the leaflet?
>> Check out FS alternatives and maybe try migrate to them. Maybe
>> it could be a good idea to put links for some most popular
>> projects like LibreOffice, Firefox etc.
>
> I also think it would be beneficial for the audience to be given a
> few points to start with instead of being cast into a vast amount
> of options. On the other hand it is quite difficult for FSFE to
> "recommend" certain programs. I haven't made up my mind about it
> yet.

I totally understand your concern and that FSFE can't, like you said,
"recommend" certain software. Maybe we can point to sites like [Prism
break]. I'm not entirely sure it would be a good recommendation, so
any other propositions are welcome. I personally don't know any other
sites like that.

> One option to avoid this dilemma would be to refer to Wikipedia's
> Free Edu category:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Free_educational_software
>
> What do you think?

I think it will be beneficial to add this link to leaflet. However it
doesn't solve above problem as this wiki site list only educational
software and IMHO we should address general purpose software as well.

Best,
cmd

[Prism break] https://prism-break.org/en/
- --
Cezary Drak | Software Liberation Maniacs Kraków
All my messages should be signed with OpenPGP.
The lack of or broken signature means someone
might be impersonating me.