education flyer suggestions

Guido Arnold guido at fsfe.org
Tue Dec 8 22:08:48 UTC 2015

Hello Cezary,

Thank you very much for your comments! I just added them to the wiki
so we won't be forgotten.

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 03:08:54AM +0100, Cezary Drak wrote:
> On 10/25/2015 10:48 AM, Guido Arnold wrote:
> > So, whoever has more ideas and suggestions, also for
> > illustrations, please let us know!
>
> I would like to add a comment on existing draft and encourage you to
> take a voice in discussion. The overall draft is quite good imho, so I
> would like to focus on importance of arguments.
>
> I think it will be good idea to make some logical groups of arguments.

I like that idea. It will make it easier to skim over the leaflet and
still get an idea what's in it.

> > What is the audience?
> Students and teachers, but also school administration/principals.
>
> > What do we want people to do, after they read the leaflet?
> Check out FS alternatives and maybe try migrate to them. Maybe it
> could be a good idea to put links for some most popular projects like
> LibreOffice, Firefox etc.

I also think it would be beneficial for the audience to be given a few
points to start with instead of being cast into a vast amount of
options. On the other hand it is quite difficult for FSFE to
"recommend" certain programs. I haven't made up my mind about it yet.

One option to avoid this dilemma would be to refer to Wikipedia's Free
Edu category:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Free_educational_software

What do you think?

Greetings,

Guido

--
Guido Arnold                       Free Software Foundation Europe
http://blogs.fsfe.org/guido    []           Edu team & German team