From Oracle's Chief Security Officer: one of the finest marketing posts for free software I've seen in 2015

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 20:03:25 UTC 2015

On 11 August 2015 at 20:41, Alessandro Rubini <rubini at gnudd.com> wrote:

> Yes. But these arguments are hard to make, and hard to convey to the
> public.
> Hacker chats. I can't show these pages around and make
> people consider my point about software freedom.

You're right, we need a helpful response.

It's started hitting the news. Page two of the Register story details
the problem in a manner that may be helpful:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/08/11/oracle_anti_security_research_rant/?page=2

These stories comment on the blog post and the problems with it:
http://www.zdnet.com/article/oracle-to-sinner-customers-reverse-engineering-is-a-sin-youd-better-pack-it-in/
http://thenextweb.com/opinion/2015/08/11/oracle-drinking-the-kool-aid/
http://www.channelweb.co.uk/crn-uk/news/2421524/oracle-blasted-over-reverse-engineering-crackdown

There was also a lot of other coverage, mostly just noting with
amazement that the post exists and is real.

Hope this is useful :-)

- d.