Which Atheros AR5B95?

Nico Rikken nico.rikken at fsfe.org
Thu Apr 16 19:21:03 UTC 2015

To add to the discussion:

the upgraded (with freedom) X200 by GluGlu uses the AR5B95, AR9285
wireless chipset and received the 'respects your freedom' certification:
http://shop.gluglug.org.uk/product/libreboot-x200/

I have personal experience with the USB-dongle as I bought it from
TechnoEthic (Tiberiu C. Turbureanu) at T-Dose last year. Eventually I
came to the conclusion that my mobile habits required a more powerful
dongle as my connection was sloppy if I was far removed from the wifi
router. My built-in wifi-card had further reach, so I returned to that,
even though it lacks the FSF-approval.
https://tehnoetic.com/tehnoetic-wireless-adapter-gnu-linux-libre-tet-n150

Kind regards,
Nico Rikken