Metaphors of Free Software

theo.schmidt at wilhelmtux.ch theo.schmidt at wilhelmtux.ch
Sun Sep 28 10:36:10 UTC 2014

Am 25.09.2014 08:29, schrieb Michael Kesper:
> I believe in anarchism as much as in communism. (To be clear: not at all).
> I'd vote strongly to let politics and religion out of metaphors for Free
> Software.

I think Free Software *is* in itself a political principle. Certainly it
seems to me to have parallels to libertarian thinking (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarianism ), which itself has
parallels to anarchism.

In the not too far away day, when we will have programs or even machines
which are indistinguishable from humans, software will also have strong
impacts on religious thinking.

Cheers, Theo