CodeWeek.EU - call for participation

Guido Arnold guido at fsfe.org
Fri Sep 26 16:53:50 UTC 2014

Hello Otto,

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 04:24:35PM +0300, Otto Kekäläinen wrote:
> > We would like to encourage everybody to participate in one of the
> > existing events to make sure that Free Software will not remain
> > unknown to these kids. As they are already interested in coding, it
>
> My club here in Tampere will participate and the site koodikerho.fi
> will heavily promote free and open software.

Great news! :)

> The club started 2 weeks ago and we have 13 children fron the 3rd
> grade (9-year olds), they are progressing nicely and surprisingly the
> majority is girls!

Wow, that's even better news! As you write "surprisingly", does that
mean you won't tell us the secret how you did that?

Or is the education system and society in Finland just so awesome
that girls aren't subliminally told tech stuff is nothing for them?
I think I've got to visit you one day...

Anyhow, please keep us posted and share your experiences!

Greetings,

Guido

--
Guido Arnold                       Free Software Foundation Europe
http://blogs.fsfe.org/guido    []           Edu team & German team