ownCloud and free software in the cloud: Meet Frank Karlitschek in Open Space Aarhus

Carsten Agger agger at modspil.dk
Wed Sep 24 20:46:51 UTC 2014

Hi Torsten,

>> Do bring  a friend, this is going to be interesting!
>
> It surely's gonna be! :)
>
> Make sure to ask the panelists about the challenges to run a successful Free
> Software business without making the product non free.
>
> See https://owncloud.com/products/enterprise/ at the end of the page for
> example.

Indeed! Luckily, I represent the other part of the spectrum, as I work
for a company which will never deliver anything to any customer under a
non-free license, and has had this principle since 1999. Indeed, we
might compete with ownCloud Enterprise by offering SLAs for
installations of the free version - we don't deliver ownCloud for the
moment, but we do so e.g. with Alfresco Community Edition.

But thanks a lot for your observation! :-)

--
http://www.modspil.dk
https://blogs.fsfe.org/agger/