An idea / pointers / risks?

Allan Irving allanirving at allanirving.co.uk
Sat Sep 13 02:48:19 UTC 2014

Unrelated to normal discussion but hopefully, of interest to some and some of you can help point me in the right direction.

Long story short, old laptop. Coffee spill. Works fine, just the keyboard is stuffed.

Have an idea to utilise it. Guy it from the laptop casing and create a Lego case from Lego parts around the motherboard. Not sure if I will utilise the inbuilt screen, current plan is to use an external one. Install Debian on it and put it to some use.

Now, I'm not too familiar with doing something like this. I can build computers but in usual components.

First thing, heat + plastic. Bad idea? Any suggestions as to how to place or manipulate the heat sink and CPU to reduce melting or danger?

I was thinking fans if course, USB ones plus added built in one.

Any ither suggestions as to how I can go about making this happen?!