Supermicro bios update

Paul Hänsch paul at fsfe.org
Thu Sep 11 15:10:00 UTC 2014

Paul van der Vlis <paul at vandervlis.nl> Thu 2014-09-11 16:41:
> When I ask Supermicro support (Europe) for another solution to upgrade
> the bios, they only can advice me to create a bootable USB stick with
> MS-DOS using a Windows PC.

I've done (PC) BIOS updates using FreeDos. That works fine. I believe I
had to disable some CDROM or hard disk drivers in
config.sys/autoexec.bat so the system wouldn't accidentally disable the
floppy emulation when running from a USB stick.

If that works for you, that's maybe a usable recommendation for the
Supermicro 1st level support answering catalogue.

--
Paul Hänsch                     █▉            Webmaster, System-Hacker
                              █▉█▉█▉