FSFE Assembly during 31C3

Erik Albers eal at fsfe.org
Wed Oct 1 12:34:00 UTC 2014

Dear Fellows and friends of FSFE,

maybe some of you already have been to the Chaos Communication Congress [1] in
Hamburg, Germany, or is thinking about going there this year? It is a big
event (~8000 visitors) about IT, internet and society. Many organisations are
present in the conference with a so called "assembly" [2]. An assembly is
supposed to be an information desk with some space behind to sit and hack and
meet for its corresponding organisation.

So, what do you think about setting up an assembly for the FSFE this year? As
I have seen, a lot of Fellows are coming there anyway and that's what makes an
assembly at the CCCongress a good place to gather FSFE Fellows from all around
Europe. In addition, every Fellow has a place to go to get some refreshment or
sit down and have a good hack. Finally, it is a good chance to let the
visitors know about FSFE and what we are doing.

"Sounds good, so how do we do that?" First of all, we need volunteers that are
motivated to run such an assembly!

As you already made your way reading up to here and if you like the idea ...
maybe you like to be one of the volunteers? In reward, you will get a T-shirt
for sure and a lot of fun with Fellows from Europe. Finally, the word is that
volunteering gives you a good karma - something that might be useful for the
beginning of next year : )

Please, don't mind: Even if you are volunteering, you still have the chance to
see and visit the conference. I gladly agree on individual time-framing for
everybody. In general: No one has to take care of any organisation things
because I will set up everything, including:
  - Application
  - Material
  - time management
  - everything else
the only thing I need are volunteers that are willing to engage.

Being a volunteer for the assembly means to take over one or two shifts. We
need shifts for
  December 27 until December 30
  Every day the assembly should be staffed from 12am until 12pm
  One shift is 6 hours and two persons in charge

I will also be at the congress, but I will have some meetings there and that's
why I have to be flexible. But, I will spent like the rest of my time at the
assembly and I am looking forward to meet as many Fellows as possible.

All the other details will be discussed with the final team.

Thank you very much for reading this long email. Now, it's up to you: Please
let me know if you have interest in helping out at the assembly and enjoy a
great time together.

Best,
   Erik

PS: This mail kindly asks you to be forwarded into your local FSFE channel

[1] https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Static:FAQ
[2] https://events.ccc.de/congress/2014/wiki/Static:Assemblies

--
Erik Albers | https://fsfe.org/about/albers
Free Software Foundation Europe (FSFE) - Campaigns & Community

		Free as in Freedom!