32 members of the European Parliament are official supporters of Free Software

Erik Albers eal at fsfe.org
Wed May 28 16:28:04 UTC 2014

Dear Fellows and supporters,

this is a big thank you to all of you who engaged in the freesoftwarepact.eu
campaign and who invested their time to contact candidates to convince them to
sign the Free Software Pact. You have been done great work!
this is also a thank you to all that might not have been able to participate
themselves but that have spread the message throughout their channels.

We made a press-release today and put a news entry on our homepage:
	https://fsfe.org/news/2014/news-20140528-01.de.html

162 candidates out of 16 countries have signed the pact. Unfortunately, just
one fifth of them have been voted in the end, but that are 32 politicians.

These politicians and their signatures are very important for FSFE, because in
our future work we can always remind them or even trust in their support when
it is necessary.

That is also why I do not declare the campaign to be finished: Although the
election period is over, new and old members of the parliament still can sign
the Free Software Pact and show their support for a European Union in that
users have full control over their computers.

Thanks again,
   Erik

--
Erik Albers | https://fsfe.org/about/albers
Free Software Foundation Europe (FSFE) - Campaigns & Community

		Free as in Freedom!