FSFE Newsletter - February 2014

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Mon Mar 10 10:10:23 UTC 2014

* Matija Å uklje:

> Exactly. The only reason why Bacula is able to pull off the proprietary
> version is that parallel to the FLA assigning the right to FSFE, all the
> contributors also signed a CA to Kern.

Please point out where in the FSFE/Bacula Systems agreement the
license grant under B(1) is restricted to Bacula code.

> The only reason why Bacula is able to pull off the proprietary
> version is that parallel to the FLA assigning the right to FSFE, all
> the contributors also signed a CA to Kern.

I expect that most "Beneficiaries" who have signed FLAs with FSFE
would be rather surprised that "Bacula Systems S.A. respectively Kern
Sibbald has the right to use, reproduce, modify, redistribute and make
available software based on [their] contributions and resulting
software 'under other licenses' including under a proprietary license
as the Bacula Enterprise Version, in accordance with Section 3 (2) of
the FLA.".