The source code of the music

Massimo Barbieri massimo at fsfe.org
Mon Jun 9 13:09:57 UTC 2014

Il 08/06/2014 21:10, Tobias Platen ha scritto:
> Hello Massimo,

Hi Tobias!

> Some years ago I discovered a VOCALOID[1] which is nonfree software,
> and I started writing a free as in freedom replacement.

Thanks for developing free software!

> I also compose my own songs using LMMS, Rosegarden, MMA+Linuxband and
> eCantorix[3] to create singing in a non-Japanese language. I also do
> workshops at Anime conventions where I introduce people how to use the

That's cool! Because we have published also the Ardour session of our
song some people wrote me that they found it useful in order to
understand how to use Ardour and how to apply plugins to the single tracks.

> I release the source code of my music under the GPL and/or CC-BY-SA
> license. However I do not know if the copyleft of the GPL can be
> applied to music.

I think that the CC-BY-SA is the license that is closer to the
principles of the GPL.

Ciao,
Massimo

XMPP: massimo at jabber.fsfe.org