Fairphone - a free Android device?

Carsten Agger agger at modspil.dk
Thu Jul 31 11:22:10 UTC 2014

On 07/31/2014 12:36 PM, Tobias Platen wrote:

> There are no non-free apps installed by default, but it does include
> non-free drivers and firmwares.

This would make it as free as CyanogenMod or Ubuntu Phone, I suppose,
but less free than Replicant.

>It is also missing F-Droid which
> should be included on a free Android device.

Yes, I missed that until I installed it. They also shouldn't ask people
to install Google Apps without warning against the serious consequences
for freedom and (in this case very much so) privacy. I'll submit a
message about that in their support forum.

--
http://www.modspil.dk
https://blogs.fsfe.org/agger/