Fwd: Most 'Free' Linux distro

Mauricio Nascimento aurion at fsfe.org
Tue Jul 29 19:18:02 UTC 2014

On 2014-07-29 20:36, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Jul 2014 19:11, galex-713 at galex-713.eu said:
>
>> not to refuse all GFDL stuff but to accept only “100% free” things, even
>> when the freedom provided is useless (like the right to modify
> Well, there are different opinions on whether freedom is useless or
> useful.  It sometimes depends on where you are currently living.
> Guantanamo or Moscow.

Freedom is never useless. It gives you the opportunity to make your own
choices rather than just have someone else decide for you.
Linux have different flavours for different tastes, so you can pick up
the best one which fits in your own needs.
You have the option to build up your own distribution and optimize it if
you want, but it is a time consuming task.
Personally I use Debian and I have no complains about it. Actually I am
very grateful for the thousands of developers, testers, librarians,
admins and all the community which put a great effort into it, for the
sake of all of us.

Cheers,