Fwd: Most 'Free' Linux distro

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Jul 29 11:31:54 UTC 2014

On Tue, 29 Jul 2014 08:09, galex-713 at galex-713.eu said:

> For exemple, a Debian *OS* is *by default* fully free, but Debian
> *project* (or at least people too close to it) often encourage you to
> install proprietary software, notably through nonfree repository, where

Right, I am one of those who would encourage on pragmatic reasons to use
the non-free repository to install documentation for most GNU software.
I would never encourage anyone to use Trisquel because that renders any
desktop machine useless due to FSF's layman opinion on the openness of
firmware and hardware.

I have never seen that Debian encourages the use of proprietary
software; that is cheap FSF propaganda.

Debian is the best OS if you want to use _fully free software_ according
to a solid definition established by a large democratic group and not by
some real world blind people who even urge their co-GNU hackers to write
non free documentation.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner  (aka dd9jn at gnu)