Single source strategies / Document conversion?

Michael Kesper mkesper at fsfe.org
Thu Jul 17 12:11:50 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I hope someone of you has got experience with this subject:
A department wants to unify its documentations. What's existing are 500+
MS Word documents written in a unified template.
What they search: a way to generate different documents from single
sources (user, teacher, support, in-line help for programs) and a
"database" that enables access via search, index and keywords.
Sounds very much like a jack of all trades to me, but maybe some of you
know a feasible approach?

Best wishes
Michael