Who loves Free Software?

Max Mehl max.mehl at fsfe.org
Thu Jan 30 18:20:54 UTC 2014

Hello together,

we all love Free Software because one of its great advantages is the strenght of
the community. We have great possibilities to influence the development of the
tools we use by bug reports, issue trackers, and wish lists.
I'm very sure you use some nice tools every day whose author's name you don't
even know. Or you wrote some bug reports in an annoyed mood for software, but
never thanked the author(s) for the good work?

Don't worry, I don't want to make you feel bad about those things. But why not
taking the opportunity to thank developers and contributors for their effort to
ease and beautify our daily life on a day, many people use to show and celebrate
love anyway?
This Valentine's Day, we call on you to show your respect and appreciation to
all or certain developers and contributors of Free Software. Think about the
software you use or which made your life a lot easier and... hm, yes, what?

We listed many examples how you can show your love for Free Software on
http://ilovefs.org - using banners, hugging developers, wearing T-shirts, or
(micro)blogging about it, it's your choice!

*Get active*:
You are following our mailing lists, so you already know that there're a lot of
people loving Free Software and the idea behind it. But did you know that there
are also many well-known politicians, artists, or journalists who appreciate
Free Software? We want to collect quotes of those people on our special
testimonial page [1].
For this, I ask you to suggest (or better directly ask) people whose quote may
fit into this page. This can be developers and public advocates of Free Software
as well as actors, writers, or business people.

Thank you very much, I'm very curious about your suggestions!

Best regards,
Max

[1] http://fsfe.org/campaigns/ilovefs/2014/whylovefs.html

- --
Max Mehl - Free Software Foundation Europe (FSFE)  -  fsfe.org
Schönhauser Allee 6/7, 10119, Berlin | Phone:  +49-30-27595290
About me: http://fsfe.org/about/mehl | Blog: blog.max-mehl.com
Support us:  http://fsfe.org/support | Homepage:  max-mehl.com