abolishing cash/banknotes?

Fernando Reis fernando.reis at pt.lu
Wed Jan 29 20:51:45 UTC 2014

Hi,
> Additionally it is way easier for the government to tax
> electronic transactions. (And as we can see, banks + gov is quite an
> alliance...)
Sorry, Thomas, but I'm not with you there. Using cash instead of payment
cards is, just like free software, about freedom and privacy, not about
avoiding taxes. As far as I'm concerned everyone should pay their due
taxes, if we wish continue receiving public services. You may disagree
with me but that's a completely different discussion.