Danish Referendum on the Unified Patent Court

Matthias Kirschner mk at fsfe.org
Tue Jan 21 08:04:38 UTC 2014

hi Carsten,

* Carsten Agger <agger at modspil.dk> [2014-01-16 17:00:33 +0100]:

> I've been invited to a meeting next Monday, and I think I will ad the
> support of our local FSFE group on the "NO" side. The reasoning is,
> once again: We do not want any software patents, and we believe this
> unified patents may easily become a means for introducing software
> patents on the European level.

I am sorry I am late on this. How did it go?

For the follow-up it might help you to read
https://fsfe.org/news/2013/news-20130612-01.en.html and the linked
documents. As you can read German also
<http://www.bundestag.de/bundestag/ausschuesse17/a06/anhoerungen/archiv/47_Patentierung_von_Computerprogrammen/04_Stellungnahmen/Stellungnahme_Kirschner.pdf>
our written statement to the German Parliament.

Some other background on the German situation is available in my blog
entry https://blogs.fsfe.org/mk/fsfe-meeting-the-fsf-crew-in-boston-2/
(I have no clue why the URL is so strange, I converted from the short
numbers to longer links some time ago).

Best Regards,
Matthias

--
Matthias Kirschner - Vice President FSFE
Schönhauser Allee 6/7, 10119 Berlin, t +49-30-27595290