Compulsory Routers in your country

simo idra at samba.org
Sat Jan 18 19:35:43 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-01-17 at 11:36 +0100, Alessandro Rubini wrote:

> [1] I told an half lie: my router is actually theirs because it
> include
> telephone services, but I chose a company that gives me full access to
> the local device. So am I affected by the compulsory router illness
> or not?

I choose this method:

[my network]--[my router]--[ISP box]--[internet]

Initially the ISP box was a full router managed by the ISP, but I
changed it with a dumb cable modem that the ISP controls, and manage my
own router now.
So technically the ISP box is sort of compulsory, but it doesn't affect
me, as I simply do not trust it and put my own router downstream.

Simo.