Smart Home - Lacking standards and lock-in

Hugo Roy hugo at fsfe.org
Thu Dec 18 09:11:51 UTC 2014

↪ 2014-12-18 Thu 00:19, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>:
> The future is, quite literally, your fridge being pwn3d by Russian
> hacker gangs to send spam. This is a thing that is literally going to
> happen.

You mean, like this? http://www.businessinsider.com/hackers-use-a-refridgerator-to-attack-businesses-2014-1?IR=T
Just saying, this is not the future, this is now.

Also, I think that the likeliness that the fridge is going to be
misused by a hacker is not high. (Or did you mean something else,
remember that a hacker is not synonymous with criminal, otherwise
FSFE would be a criminal organisation defending our rights to
hack!)

--
Hugo Roy – Free Software Foundation Europe https://fsfe.org/about/roy

Please use cryptography for email: see https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/en/