Smart Home - Lacking standards and lock-in

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 23:19:48 UTC 2014

On 17 December 2014 at 23:09, Robert Kehl <rk23 at fsfe.org> wrote:

> What about refraining - and telling others to refrain, too?

We - those of us here, who care about the social issues of technology
but are technologists ourselves - need to understand the people who
*really can't work computers* and who are *never going to be able to
work computers*.

The future is, quite literally, your fridge being pwn3d by Russian
hacker gangs to send spam. This is a thing that is literally going to
happen.

I think of people I love who fundamentally can't work computers, and
never will. I fear for them and for their future. You should too.

- d.