Smart Home - Lacking standards and lock-in

Guido Arnold guido at fsfe.org
Tue Dec 16 23:25:25 UTC 2014

Hello Nico,

Very interesting subject!  I attended a talk by Kurt Gramlich [2]
earlier this year about it.

(I think I saw him posting on this list at some point, but I'll BCC him to
this message to catch his attention - hence the full-quote below).

The condensed summary of the talk how I got it was: Kurt built a
low-energy house using FS and free hardware developed by an Austrian
company he is working with. A representative of that company was also
present. The various standards were also mentioned but my memory is
quite blurry on that. I hope Kurt can shed some light on that! :)

Greetings,

Guido

[2] http://chemnitzer.linux-tage.de/2014/en/vortraege/detail/326