The Pirate Bay is closed

Carsten Agger agger at modspil.dk
Thu Dec 11 11:01:52 UTC 2014

I think, as my personal opinion, that The Pirate Bay for  years worked
as a necessary act of civil disobedience, *and* that it has constituted
a huge contribution to the accessibility of world culture - it has
enabled me to see many movies that would otherwise have been very
difficult for me to ever get hold of, as they're too far out on the long
tail to be available on Amazon.

This, however, is about free culture and not free software, and even
though the overall issues are
related (=> free society), that is not FSFE's area.

I also agree with Peter Sunde that TPB has survived itself and is
actually harmful as a SPOF.

And (with a tired voice) this whole discussion is also kind of moot:

http://thepiratebay.ee/

Carsten