Crowdfunded Laptop that respects your freedom - Librem 15

Sam Tuke mail at samtuke.com
Tue Dec 9 15:30:14 UTC 2014

On 09/12/14 15:54, André Ockers wrote:
> As a Free Software user, it appears to me there are two aproaches
> happening at this time:

There are some projects which sell premium hardware with Free Software
pre-installed at a reasonable price. Which is to say expensive hardware
at a reasonable price with Free Software / hardware included. I'd put
the Librem in that category. Compared to a Dell XPS 15 9530, the
hardware for the price isn't bad.

Depending on whether you consider Android AOSP / Cyanogen Free then
there are also mass market products mobile from independent
manufacturers, including OnePlusOne and Fairphone.

Best,

Sam.