Any hosting service to suggest?

Nikos Roussos comzeradd at fsfe.org
Thu Aug 21 09:52:58 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-08-20 at 21:31 +0200, Gianfranco wrote:
> Hello,
>
> just before receiving my FairPhone I'd like to setup the server side
> (for synchronization) using OwnCloud but I'd try installing MediaGoblin,
> Pump, and whatever could help me to go away from centralized services.
>
> Which hosting service would you suggest me to achieve it?
>
> I'm currently based in Munich but I don't see any need of restrictions
> other than: European provider, Free Software friendly, of course
> reasonably cheap. :)
>
> I'm sure some of you might already have a setup similar to what I
> described above, so... what are you using?

Over the last couple of months I'm using Yourserver and I'm very
pleased. Good performance and support on a reasonable price. They have
datacenters on Sweeden and Latvia.
https://www.yourserver.se/

In any case try to avoid US-based hosting providers, even they have
European datacenters.

--
Nikos Roussos
http://www.roussos.cc