Making Free Software easy to use and commonly available

Carsten Agger agger at modspil.dk
Sun Sep 29 08:19:51 UTC 2013

On 09/28/2013 03:23 PM, Otto Kekäläinen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just wanted to share two pieces of information that I hope everybody
> who do FS advocacy would know:
>

> 1) If the target uses Windows and has no experience with Free
> Software, give them a VALO-CD. See www.valo-cd.net for details (in
> English)

This is a good initiative, and very useful. Back in 2010, I did a talk
at a seminar held by the Danish union HK on "Free Software for Microsoft
Windows" where I ended by handing out OpenDisc,
http://www.theopendisc.com/, a related project, but in English (and
currently not very active, it seems). The particpants were very happy
about receiving all that software and also started asking questions
about GNU/Linux systems and how to get them without my having to mention it.