Talk on Open Data for hackathon

Carsten Agger agger at modspil.dk
Tue Oct 29 10:36:18 UTC 2013

On 10/29/2013 11:30 AM, Hugo Roy wrote:
> + 2013-09-27 Fri 14:01, Carsten Agger <agger at modspil.dk>:
>
>> Today, I gave talk on Open Data for the Hack4Dk cultural heritage data,
>> where I presented a free software developer's perspective on the concept
>> of Open Data.
>>
>> I use the "open source" word, mainly for ease of communication - "Free
>> Software" is not yet readily understood by everybody here, alas (our
>> Fellowship Group wants to work on that).
>
> Any follow-up on that work on using effective language?

Hi Hugo

No, that's an ongoing thing, I'm afraid; use the concept of "free
software", explain it to people, establish it as a term that people use.

It will take some time; but before we established the FSFE group in
Aarhus there were no organized groups with a focus on free software as such.

Best,
Carsten