ODS with formulas doesn't run in MS Office

theo.schmidt at wilhelmtux.ch theo.schmidt at wilhelmtux.ch
Sun Oct 20 13:26:12 UTC 2013

Am 20.10.2013 13:18, schrieb Eike Rathke:
> ...  MS-Excel 2010 did not implement the formula part, to their
> "excuse" as it wasn't specified with ODF 1.0 (ISO/IEC 26300:2006) and
> they purposely implemented only what was specified in the ISO standard.
> However, with Excel 2013 they implemented OpenFormula of ODF 1.2, so if
> you want ODF spreadsheet interoperability you need MS-Excel 2013.

Thank you, Eike! I have updated my "Readme":

Cheers, Theo

-------------
The Soil Retaining Wall spreadsheet is developed and maintained in the
ODS Open Document Spreadsheet formt (part of ODF 1.0 (ISO/IEC
26300:2006)) with LibreOffice. Only this and the similar OpenOffice and
derivatives of this presently support all features.

To download LibreOffice or the similar OpenOffice for all platforms, see
http://www.libreoffice.org
http://www.openoffice.org

Mac users may find it works with NeoOffice:
http://www.neooffice.org/neojava/en/

Gnumeric will run the calculation but not display included images:
https://projects.gnome.org/gnumeric/

The same applies to online programs such as Google Drive, which also
requires registration.

Microsoft Office prior to 2013 will display the spreadsheet but not
actually calculate anything. Excel 2013 should run the calculations.
XLS/XLSX files made by any of the new programs should run in the older
Excel versions.