ODS with formulas doesn't run in MS Office

Andres a75576 at alumni.tecnun.es
Sun Oct 20 07:35:55 UTC 2013

theo.schmidt at wilhelmtux.ch escribió:
>Hi all,
>
>I have a programmed spreadsheet to publish and and am unsure how to
>procede regarding the format. I use the ODS format and only LibreOffice
>
>or OpenOffice are able to both run it and display all information. With
>
>Gnumeric the main part works OK, but some embedded vector drawings
>don't
>display.
>
>It is in this folder: http://data.umwelteinsatz.ch/T/en/Stonechat/
>
>Microsoft Office (2010) displays the spreadsheet (also without
>drawings)
>but removes all the formulas, showing just the values, making the
>spreadsheet useless as a program. It makes no difference whether the
>ODF-Plugin from Sun
>(http://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-tools/Other-Office-Tools/Sun-ODF-Plugin-for-Microsoft-Office.shtml)
>
>is installed or not.
>
>With the plugin installed, it is possible to to save in ODS with MS
>Office. So I tried making an XLS Version with Libre Office, opening it
>with MS Office, and saving in ODS. Now the formulas work, but the cell
>sizes are distorted so much that it is again useless.

Hi Theo,
My humble opinion:
Sounds like you just did a bug report!
-What you expect
-What you got
-Steps to replicate it (oprating system and version of soft used)
You might be able to report it to the libreoffice team and people there might have a quick work around until they reverse engineer the problem. Or confirm that MS office is not playing ball with open document formats.
I would make sure you are running the latest version of libreoffice as well. Maybe not as far as the developer version though.

--
Enviado desde mi teléfono con K-9 Mail.