Any suggestion as to how or if to proceed?

Andres a75576 at alumni.tecnun.es
Fri Oct 11 05:41:00 UTC 2013

Daniel Pocock <daniel at pocock.com.au> escribió:

>Hi Andres,
>
>There is a simple strategy that all sales people learn: find the
>decision maker.

Agreed! But it seems nobody wants to make the decision. Maybe someone form Richmond Upon Thames Council (UK) is around this mailing list?

>From your email, I can see that some people are sympathetic to this
>objective but they are either not able to make the final decision or
>whatever.  So from what I can see, you are still in the early phase of
>this project, trying to identify the real decision maker.

I guess, I thought I had identified it a couple of times, went from chief of culture to library manager, contract holding civil servant and library representative in the council. Frankly it is really interesting.

>What these other people can do, however, is to help you identify the
>right person to speak to and maybe even help you get an appointment.
>Documents concerning the Serco tender may reveal how that decision was
>made and who made the decision.

Ok, I'll ask for that, maybe a freedom of information act? What about contacting the person with serco that manages the contract? Knowing serco they subcontract someone like civico.

>In democratic organisations (e.g. councils) the decision maker may be a
>group (e.g. the elected council).  That can be more complicated.

This is problably the case,

>In parallel with trying to find that person or group responsible for
>the
>decision, you also need to ask yourself: why will they care?  If it is
>some manager or CEO, they will care about meeting their performance
>objectives to get their bonus.  The performance objectives for a senior
>official may be in the public reports.  If it is an elected council,
>they probably care about one thing above everything else: getting
>themselves re-elected, which usually means getting positive attention
>from the public.  In any case, if you can identify the ultimate
>decision
>maker and the way to motivate them, you can close the deal.

Thanks! For the tip, I will try to play this, elections are coming next year.

Enviado desde mi teléfono con K-9 Mail.