FSFE Timeline [was: Re: Native English speaker on Monday]

theo.schmidt at wilhelmtux.ch theo.schmidt at wilhelmtux.ch
Thu Nov 28 07:28:40 UTC 2013

Am 26.11.2013 12:29, schrieb Max Mehl:
>> On 25 November 2013 18:55,  <theo.schmidt at wilhelmtux.ch> wrote:
>>> Is there no item about the OOXML-battle? This was a large issue in
>>> Switzerland.
>
> Thank you as well for your help. I'm wondering why this isn't in the pad
> anymore. Karsten has added one or two news items but somehow it disappeared.
> Anyway, I already wrote a new item trying to summarize all news about this
> topic in one success. You can see it in the final timeline :)

Hi Max,

Thank you.I think the OOXML-issue was milestone even if we lost. It was
probably more evident in Switzerland than Germany because the
FSFE-office was then in Zürich. Shane Coughlan was working there at the
time (2008?) and did a great job representing FSFE. Georg Greve was also
there, but represented Google. For some strange reason, Google's vote
wasn't counted in Switzerland. As we "lost" by one vote, this was one of
several irregularities in Switzerland. Howevber according to
http://people.ffii.org/~abarrio/openxml.info/isodis29500-votes-map-20080402a-big.png
such irregularities were also found in Germany and indded in most
western countries.

> You have been a big help for me and the whole project. Thank you!

And thank YOU! The timeline looks great!

Cheers,
Theo Schmidt