English language questions [was: English version of the tool leaflet to comment on]

Lucile Falgueyrac lucile.falg at fsfe.org
Mon Nov 11 15:41:53 UTC 2013

Hi Alessandro and everyone

On 11/06/2013 07:27 PM, Alessandro Rubini wrote:
>> Did I miss something?
>
> It looks very good to me, but "software" like all "*ware" is not
> countable.  It is a substance, like "stuff", "butter", "milk", "crap".
> Use is wrong in several places of the leflet and should be
> fixed accordingly.

Mh, I'm very confused now...
Please find confusing sentences with "software" bellow:

* Free Software gives us essential freedom that other type of software
deny us.

* Free Software can be used as tool.

* There is an incredible number of Free Software available

*  However, fortunately Free Software accounts for a large proportion of
those embedded software.

Are those sentences ok? Sorry for the very basic question. I'll ask a
native English speaker to proofread the whole leaflet and improve the
wording, but I'd like to understand..

Best,
Lucile